Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ello, Ello....


Long time since I posty... have had puter issues. Sue me. Anyways, I'm in London and have found myself battling a nasty case of food poisoning. Taking it easy and staying in the hotel, which provides Internet access. Only good thing about being cooped up inside on a Saturday night is that I got t sample a bit of the tele...and got lucky. Here's my review of two popular shows, which you'll find bear a striking resemblance to two shows Melissa and I blog on about endlessly.

THE X FACTOR
A quasi-Idol show, where would-be singers (aged 15 to like 80) can tryout in front of 4 judges: Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, Danni Minogue and some man whose nae escapes me. It's set up exactly like Idol, but the host is featured tons less. I guess this Brit has a lot less appeal than our Ryan. After the tryouts are finished, the contestants go to something called BOOTCAMP -- I have no idea what this entails... They've apparently been doing this for 4 years. I guess they like it. Overall, 2 thumbs up. Entertaining and just as cringe-worthy as the stateside version.

DANCE X
A psuedo-So You Think You Can Dance with a judge borrowed from Dancing with the Stars (Bruno). Really dreadful. I had to turn it off. I watched a 1/2 hour and it was all I could stand. The contestants are grouped in 2 groups of 5. They perform routines, choreographed by the two judges' teams of 3 professionals. With all that help, you think they'd have some talent. Nope. Awful. There's one host and after the groups dance and sing (yes, they sing, too) the judges rip them new assholes. I seriously hope we don't Americanize this show - it's one I can do without.

Lastly, the news here reports on Lindsay's and Nicole's comings and goings, too. Silly me, I thought those dopey broads and their ilk were mindless American obsessions. Oh, how wrong I was....

Ta for now. Cheers, yeah. See ya.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they show Coupling there? I've been watching it on BBC America, it's awesome! It's like Friends, only better!

Enjoy Big Ben... oh, and go check out that giant clock too.

Johnny

Nuray said...

Yeah, "big Ben." You've had 4 days in cheerio England. Mission accomplished?

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Coupling on yet, but Big Brother is a huge rage here...and it's quite boring, though oddly addictive... odd.

i've seen the big clock, yes. but no luck on the other front. ;) --nicole

Anonymous said...

Cheers, yeah? :) Great to have you back on J&M, and bollocks to that wonky plane food! - H-bomb

Anonymous said...

Nicole...maybe you should've gotten the vegetable lasagna. ;)

Hope you're back up to 100% health soon, so you can enjoy the rest of your trip.