Sunday, February 26, 2012

Live Blogging the 2012 Oscars Red Carpet

You know the drill. Let's get right to it:



Berenice Bejo. I'm on the fence. Like the hue, like the detail -- but something about the cut at the top is offputting



George Clooney and Stacy Kiebler. Every single time I write her last name I want a goddamn cookie. Pretty dress. I like the color and the swishy flower-like draping. And him -- well, he's a God. I think he wakes and sleeps in a tux. 


Jessica Chastain. In Alexander McQueen (who else?). It overwhelms her. On another person, this dress would be outrageously fab.


Melissa McCarthy. Not loving this, mainly because of the color. It washes her out. Good cut and fit though.


Shailene Wooley. Love this. It may be a bit old for her, but I love the retro cut.


Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton. I'm kinda sick of her looking like this. This color w/the bold red lip. Enough. Do something else.

 

Rooney Mara in Givenchy. OK, it's something other than black. But it's HORRIBLE.


Viola Davis in Vera Wang. Not a fan of the color. Not a fan of the hair/styling. But her body is rockin' in this daring dress.


Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli. Easily my fave so far. Gorgeous. She can't do wrong. Even when she does, it's not a total fuckup like some people.


Gwyneth Paltrow. I had to say this, but I LOVE THIS. It's totally dramatic and not tacky at all -- so unlike fishsticks.


Natalie Portman. Black and red polka dots. Hmm. Nope. Not ok. Nope.


Penelope Cruz.  Love the color. She's not on trend for silhouette tonight. But, it's lovely nonetheless.


 Sandra Bullock. WTF is going at the waist?

No comments: