Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sangay creeps everyone out on Idol this week

Sangaya performed Emilio Tuero’s “Besame Mucho” on Idol and I think he may have been at his creepiest. He was rockin' some adolescent fuzz on his face that looked like someone drew it in with eyeliner. His hair was a curly bob, nothing spectacular.



Looks like the kid is safe again, judging from the judges comments on his performance:
Randy said, “You’re one of the smartest contestants I’ve ever met. That was actually really good! It was!”

Paula said, “Yeah! Pretty good pitch. Smooth. Nice. It was very, very nice.”

Simon said, “I couldn’t understand a word of it. You sang like a 14-year-old and I’m going to hate myself for this. It wasn’t horrible!”

And I was pleasantly surprised with J.Lo's involvement in mentoring the kids. I was expecting a whole lotta non-advice a la Gwen Stefani but J.Lo was engaging, helpful, animated, and passionate.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

he's gross, greasy and disgusting. he needs to be put down.

Anonymous said...

He must've exhausted himself, trying to grow out that goatee...or perhaps it's a faux-tee...or so faint as to be almost a no-tee...? Whatever the case, I gotta say that he is one creepy sonofabitch. I didn't even see the show last night, but I am going to have nightmares tonight, based on those pics. It's like his eyes are burning into my soul, but not in a good way.

Anonymous said...

i think the judges are starting to say nice stuff about him 'cause they think he has a chance of winning and wanna make it seem like he came a long way since the beginning of the competition, don't want to make the show seem like the waste that it is!

johnny

Anonymous said...

so, is that considered a bowl cut?

johnny

Nuray said...

No, it's not. It would have to be straightened and with full bangs, literally like an upside-down bowl on his head.