Monday, January 29, 2007

Red Carpet Wrap Up: SAGs

Melissa, it's hard to talk through the bandages, so I'm typing this message to you... You did a fabulous job all by yourself Sunday night at teh SAGs... Now, before I get misty and ruin my eye job, here's a Red Carpet wrap up to whet your appetite for the upcoming Oscars... --Joan.

Joan: I LOVED this dress, however, that big black circle in the midsection is a bit distracting. I don’t understand what the designed was trying to do there… looks like a wart.
Melissa: Yes, I agree, the black circle was very distracting and ridiculous. If I were her, I would have sent it back requesting that they remove the circle.

Joan: Worst dressed by far! Awful Rachel McAdams… what was she thinking!?
Melissa: Along with Ellen Pompeo and Mary-Louise Parker, Rachel McAdams had some company in the worst dressed category. Truly awful, from the shoes, to the dress, to the length, to the pink highlights in the hair. Did she even use a stylist? And if she did, time to fire that person, STAT.

Joan: Loved dame Helen’s dress, but the gold shoes and bag aren’t working.
Melissa: I have to say, for a woman who is 65-70, Helen is pretty smokin’. She does it so well, wears dresses and has her hair done perfectly for a woman her age. She looks gorgeous, both here and at the Golden Globes. I’m curious to see what she dons for the Oscars. It better be good cause she’s totally winning, no doubt about it. I agree with the shoes and bag, very distracting and too bright.

Joan: Loved Anne Hathaway’s black tiered dress… flowing and just gorgeous.
Melissa: I have to admit, Anne’s dress didn’t really stand out to me. I do like it but I’m not blown away. She does look very elegant and classy though.

Joan: I kinda like this shimmery number… but the length was problematic. It should have been down to the floor.
Melissa: When Cate came out to introduce the clip from Babel, I was entranced by the shininess of her dress, I loved the material. I love shiny things. I go dumb when I see something shiny. But the length was also a problem for me. It should have either been shorter, under the knee, or longer where you couldn’t see her shoes. Very distracting.

Joan: What an improvement from 2 weeks ago. She listened to her stylists and looked gawg-geous.
Melissa: Yes! The hair was straight and not a dead animal in sight! Beautiful color. Good job.

Melissa: This was horrendous. I have no words except to say WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE THINKING?!?!?!?
Joan: Ugh, I know. She’s a friggin’ mess every which way but loose. And probably loose, too. And when she was up at the podium, the dress was in near danger of revealing her shriveled ta-tas… Just awful.
Melissa: Those things were hanging low, she didn’t wear cups under that thing? Really, she needs to reevaluate who is putting together her looks cause they all suck.

Melissa: Absolutely gorgeous, flawless, classy, and elegant. At 22, she’s more put together that some of her older counterparts. Good work, America!
Joan: I didn’t LOVE it, but it was a good choice. She’s been very smart about her choices. Apparently, her stylist is doing a good job.
Melissa: And that’s it for now. Next up, the big boy, the mack daddy, the Oscars.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the awards, so I looked up Sandra Oh on Getty Images to get a better view of the bizarre black circle. She must have felt really girly in that dress, there were a number of pictures of her twirling. I think it was really pretty, with the exception of the circle.

Incidentally, I'm assuming Isaiah Washington was not present at the awards? I found this pic of the cast with their trophies, and he's nowhere to be seen.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73139540.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBCB46D2A360F4B89F

Nicole said...

funny thing about washington, he was in rehab during the awards (still is i assume). but when chandra wilson won, she said: i want to thank my whole cats and that other one in rehab. LOL. it got a big reaction. quite funny.

Anonymous said...

Rehab? For what? Did you post about that on here?

Anonymous said...

i friggin love america's green dress. also, i thought anne hathaway was penelope cruz for a minute.

Nicole said...

yes... scroll down a bit on the main page and you'll see the washington posts... (emily)

:)

Anonymous said...

anne looked great and ugly betty looked pretty good (unlike the last dress a couple of weeks ago in which she looked terrible but you guys loved.)

johnny