Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Joan and Melissa's Red Carpet Rundown: Emmy’s 2010

Joan: So, Melis. Another one under our belts – in this our 5th year of blogging the biz. Let’s say we waste no time and get straight to the point. BEST DRESSED! My favorite…

Anna Paquin in
Alexander McQueen
Melissa: I loved Anna Paquin’s McQueen creation. It looked like armor and she’s just bad-assy enough to carry it off. I did also like January Jones’ dress, which everyone hated, but it was interesting. I want to feel it, it looks like plastic but I want to see it up close. Those tiny pleats are intriguing.  I loved Lea Michele’s navy blue gown. Totally gorgeous. And Claire Danes’ gold sequined gown was to die for.
Lea Michelle in
Oscar de la Renta








Julia Ormond
Joan: A lot of people didn’t like Anna’s dress, but out of a pretty boring red carpet and a sea of navy blue, hers stood out. I think Lea Michelle and Jane Lynch were my favorites of the night. And possibly Julia Ormond, even though her hair needed a good brushing. Now, on to WORST DRESSED…


January Jones
in Versace
Christina Hendricks
in Zac Posen
Melissa: Lauren Graham looked pretty unfortunate. Christina Hendricks has to be my worst dressed by a mile though. Horrible style, the feathers were awful, it looked very matronly. And she’s a bombshell, I mean, she can rock anything. And she ended up looking like an old lady in a bad, bad dress.

Lauren Graham
Joan: My God, the feathers… I can’t believe Zac Posen had anything to do with that awful dress. The only thing good about it was the color. That being said, I think Lauren Graham looked worse, with that bib of a dress. It was awful coming and going.

So, that about sums it up. Another day, another Emmy red carpet to snark on. Always a pleasure, Melissa, my dear.

No comments: