Tuesday, July 19, 2011

You can't have just one...

Right now, I'm struggling between the obvious nutritional drawbacks that exist in a bag of Doritos and eating one cricket, much less handfuls of them. In the Jolie-Pitt household, this is apparently not an issue:

"My boys love to eat crickets. It's their favorite thing," the 36-year-old actress says..."When I first gave it to them . . . I wanted them not to be turned off by something that was of their culture. They ate them like Doritos, and they wouldn't stop," Jolie says of Maddox and Pax, 7. "They brought to-go boxes home and I had to actually ban the cricket eating at a certain point because I was afraid they were going to get sick from too many." Jolie herself has even indulged in the Southeast Asian countries delicacies. "They're good. They're like a potato chip." [us weekly]

Who am I to judge? One man's Cheeto is another man's Gryllus assimilis.

*

No comments: