Tuesday, September 20, 2005

2005 Emmy Fashion Rundown

I really don't get all the hype around Eva Longoria. I don't think she's all that cute or hot. And this dress is kinda tacky.

You said it, Melis. She had this dress created just for her... Which basically proves she's tacky and tasteless. Once a soap star, always a soap star. --Joan



I love the color and the dress is wispy and flowy. Well done.

Couldn't agree more. While I've been sick to death of the sight of her, this was a refreshing change. --Joan.



Ok, what the hell is going on here? Why does Macy Gray choose to look like shit time and time again? With all her money and services at her disposal, it blows my mind why she would want to look like this. And does she think this looks good?

That dress it...it...hurts me. But I have to say, I'm digging the hair. --Joan.




I love the empire waist and the color of this. Very classy. And it doesn't make Teri look like the skeleton we've been seeing her look like lately.

I don't know what it is... but I can't stand her. For five minutes, I liked her. Then she got on my nerves again. I hope I can watch the new season. Cause this perky bitch is rubbing me the wrong way. --Joan.



Awwwww...cute Summer. Love the metallic dress. She's so tiny yet the dress doesn't overpower her.


I like this dress although I think it's a little too orange. It makes it look like Mariska OD'ed on the self-tanner this morning. But otherwise, an interesting and bold color choice.


Love, love, love this. The gorgeous, rich, deep green against her light skin and radiant red hair is an awesome color combination. Plus her tall stature really carries this well.

She's the worst bitch going, but she looks fab. Extremely well done. Her stylist should be proud. --Joan.



Very pretty. Love the contrast of the dark hair, dark eye makeup, and the richness of the red. Great red.


One of my favorite dresses of the night. Love the color and the halter neckline is beautiful. The lace and the sash are just divine.

Love the color, and style -- but her boobs need a little more support... --Joan.



Awwwww....Dollface! Stunning dress and she's got the height and slimness to pull it off despite her young age. But the color is a little too light for her coloring. Light people should wear deep, rich colors. This dress in a copper might have worked better.

One of the prettier dresses of the night. Pretty from far away and close up... Fab. --Joan.



Blythe, so classy, so appropriate for her age.

This broad's a class act. And her speech was fabber. :) --Joan.



As stunning as she is, this dress shortchanges Charlize. It does absolutely nothing for her. It takes away from the height and classy beauty she has. But Stewart is hot.

Ugh, she looks like "who did it and ran." --Joan.



Oy...Debra What-A-Mess. Awful.

This s/b 3 different dresses, and they should all be in the trash. --Joan.



Awwww...Kirsten from The OC. This is what I mean by a rich, deep color on a light colored person. How gorgeous is this contrast? Beautiful simple dress. Great hair.



And now for my favorite dress of the night...Felicity Huffman. I love the color and the lines of this dress. The shoulders are great and the simplicity is just gorgeous.

My pick for best dressed, too! GORGEOUS! Everything here is perfect. --Joan.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Marg Helgenberger in the purple lace? (Forgive me, I did not watch the Emmys or any of the fashion rundowns. You, Melissa, are my only source!)

Felicity Huffman's dress is great, but in the pictures, it looks like it's two completely different colors. Which of the two pictures is more true, the red carpet one?

Nuray said...

Yup, it's Marg in the purple lace. What a great dress and the color is so nice against her hair color.

Felicity Huffman's dress is more like the way it appears onstage, not the one from the red carpet. I think the photo taken on the red carpet was shaded but the dress itself is much more shiny and the color is very vibrant, like the way it looks in the onstage photo. It's such a beautiful dress without being so out-there and grand.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I do have a suggestion though; please stop ripping on pretty people like Eva and start ripping on not-so-pretty people like Oprah.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Johnny

Nuray said...

See here:
http://celebirity.blogspot.com/2005/09/i-invite-you-to-defend-everything.html