Monday, June 02, 2008

R.I.P. YSL

This week's shoe and bag installment is in honor of famed designer, Yves Saint Laurent who has passed at the age of 71.
  • I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.
  • We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.
  • To be beautiful, all a woman needs is a black pullover and a black skirt and to be arm in arm with a man she loves.
  • Fashion isn't just to decorate women, but to reassure them, give them confidence.
  • Is elegance not totally forgetting what one is wearing?[8]
  • A woman who has not found her style, who does not feel at ease in her clothes, who does not live in harmony with them, is a sick woman.
  • The silhouette counts more than anything. It should never be overloaded.


Leopard print calf leather; white trim. Goldtone hardware. Top handles with rings. Detachable key tag. Zip closure; framed top.



Black leather. Open toe. Raised ankle strap with adjustable buckle. 4" covered peg heel. Made in Italy.

No comments: