Sunday, September 20, 2009

Emmy Observations...


  • So, it looks like Patricia Arquette is back with "The Punisher." Guess she's not as dumb as I thought.
  • At first, the Neil Patrick Harris musical number that opened the show worried me a bit, but he pulled it out and now I just wanna clone and marry him. (Which I sure he'd have issue with.) Moving on...
  • Amy Poehler is a friggin' genius. She got all the nominees of the Best Supporting Actress/Comedy to don some kind of eyewear. Kristin Wiig in a monocle and pipe, Amy in a pirate patch, what's her face from Weeds in goggles. Really clever and unexpected. Course, what I'm looking fwd to most is the little taped intros before the Late Night writers' category. Always a treat.
  • Wow. I gotta say... WHO THE F IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COUNTING THE VOTES? Supporting Actor/Comedy... out of all the stiff competition -- JON CRYER wins???? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Sure. OK. BOGUS. Let's give it to the least talented in the whole group. Nutso. Look, let's face it Jon Cryer peaked in Pretty in Pink. Nuff said.

No comments: