Thursday, March 10, 2005

Just What Exactly Is Her Deal, Anyway?

Renee Zellweger mystifies me. She's not a great actress. She's just OK. She's not gorgeous (in fact, that I've-Been-Sucking-On-Lemons face is really not very attractive). She's got a great fashion sense, I'll give her that much. But her track record with men is something bordering on outrageous! She's changed men more than I've re-watched When Harry Met Sally (and believe me, that's a lot). So, what's the deal? Is she a psychopath? Is she just plain annoying? This woman gets dumped on more than the guy who cleans the elephant dung at the San Diego Zoo. Mystifying.

Here's her latest conquest, excerpted from IMDB:
http://imdb.com/news/wenn/#celeb3

"Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason star Renee Zellweger has settled down with Irish singer Damien Rice. The couple have been secretly dating for a while, but their romance hit the public eye when Zellweger asked the shy singer to accompany her to the Oscars last month. Instead, Rice preferred to keep a low profile and stayed in Zellweger's Los Angeles mansion watching the event on TV as she took to the red carpet. And Rice, whose ballads feature in hit movie Closer, hasn't left the Texan beauty's side since. A source tells British newspaper the Daily Mirror, "He's been staying with her since February, but it's all very low key. They have been totally avoiding the whole LA party scene, keeping themselves to themselves." A friend adds, "It definitely looks serious." Zellweger split from her previous beau, White Stripes singer Jack White, last year."
So, Melissa... What's her deal? Any theories?
--Joan.


It's true Joan, Renee really isn't all that and a bag of chips (Baked Lays, please). She's ok and pretty plain. I personally am not too irritated by her, although there are times when I'm like OPEN YOUR EYES, GIRL! But anyhoo, she's not that phenomenal of an actor which is why the Oscar kinda blew me away but then again, I didn't see Cold Mountain. She has been in some hilarious flicks like Me, Myself, and Irene, Bridget Jones, Nurse Betty, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Cinderella Man.

Now the big mystery to me is Damien Rice. I have no clue who this man is, what kind of music he makes, and what he looks like. All's I know is that the image I have of him in my head is very similar to Josh Grobin and I think Josh is so annoying and irritating looking. And another thing I know is that I enjoy Damien's duet with Tori on The Power of Orange Knickers.

That's it for now.
Melissa--OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Renee has an eating disorder.

Johnny