Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Anwar: Who let the dogs out?

Joan: Melissa, last night was a mixture of great and excruciating. What are your thoughts?

Melissa: Oy, Scott sucked the big one last night. Horrible performance, zero stage presence, and just not appealing or compelling. Nadia was ambitious doing Melissa Etheridge, I thought she did ok, but not great. I'm glad her hair is back to normal though. Vonzell did well doing Whitney Houston. Again, ambitious but she did nail a lot of the huge notes. Anthony: so over, done, and lame. He does look better without his glasses and I kinda liked the green shirt. But a mediocre performance. Jessica Sierra did ok, not as well as last week, but she is talented, it just wasn't on for her last night. Constantine surprisingly didn't suck too bad, I think it was the right song choice for his vocal abilities. I was absolutely blown away when Simon said he thought Constantine did better than Bo! BITE YOUR TONGUE, SIMON! The only consolation about that comment is that Bo didn't do so well, not as well as he usually does. He did a pretty bland Black Crowes song that didn't really show off his vocals too much. What are your thoughts, Joan?

Joan: Overall, we agree. Nadia wasn't great, but it was OK. I tended to agree with Simon on that (and pretty much overall throughout the night). Best performances by far were: Carrie – terrific, very hard song to sing and she made it look effortless; Vonzell – Whitney is always a brave choice and she made it work. It wasn't an original rendition, but it was sung well. It's a shame that Jessica chose the song she did, which was pretty, but not appropriate for the competition. She has an amazing voice... probably the top 3 in the competition... but if she keeps picking bad songs, she won't stay in. Worst performances for the night: Anthony – just awful; Scott – brave choice, bad rendition; and Anwar – really, quite bad. And those happen to be my picks for the bottom three. With a slight chance of Jessica ending up in Scott's place. Any other combo, would be wrong, I feel. The others did well enough to stay in another week. Melissa?

Melissa: Oh lord, Anwar, Anwar, Anwar... he started the competition as one of my favorites, I was actually thinking he would win it all... but now, forget it. His voice is so freakin' high, I'm sure he excited every dog across the nation with that singing. And picking "I Believe I Can Fly"??? Were there not enough songs from the 90's available? Give me a break! I was rooting for Scott for a long time, but now, I'm soooo over it. He's so stiff on stage and his movements are just so unnatural looking. There is nothing dynamic about him anymore, in my opinion. Jessica is great, but yes, the song she picked last night was a snooooooozer! And come on now, LeAnn Rimes??? Was she trying to deter people from voting for her? As a contestant on American Idol, you also have to pick songs that are accessible to the masses and enjoyable, not some obscure LeAnn song that'll also put you to sleep. Hopefully she won’t get booted just based on last night cause she is really good. OK, I'm bound to step on some toes here with Carrie. Everyone and their grandmother loves this girl. People I speak to want her to win, think she's the shit, etc. Honestly, she is good, vocally, she can sing, she's got the look, she's got a sound, and she knows her place musically. But being the biggest country music non-fan, I just couldn’t give a rat's ass about listening to her stuff. If she does win and when she puts out an album, me and whoever else that hates country music will not listen or care. I just think she's limited and does the same-ass thing week after week. So onto my picks for bottom three: Scott, Anthony, and Anwar who did himself in by doing the Chipmunks' version of "I Believe I Can Fly." Hopefully, Scott or Anthony will go out of these three and Nikko leaving soon thereafter in the upcoming weeks. See how forgettable Nikko is? Neither one of us mentioned him till now. I totally forgot he even existed!

Joan: Man, I'm dyin' over here. Between the dogs howling countrywide, to forgettable Nikko... you couldn't be more on the mark. Now, about the country-singin' – you always had a hate for LeAnn Rimes. So – you're biased... and don't try to deny it, sister! But you're right. The song choice was pretty forgettable. As far as Carrie... I have to disagree. She's definitely my favorite in the competition... but I also think she could have done just as well going to Nashville. They would have swept her up in a minute. Still, only time will tell... We'll wait for the next cut tonight. Till then, Joan OUT!

Melissa: Carrie, take a bus to Dollywood, sista! Melissa -- OUT!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Paula drunk or on drugs?

McKenzie

Nuray said...

Ya think? She is high as a kite on every episode. Sometimes she slurs bigtime, other times, she sounds so spaced out. She's gotta be on something -- sometimes the performances she compliments, I'm like, "WHAAAA???"

Nicole said...

Paula definitely looks drugged.

Nuray, I remembered after you posted what you used to say about Leann Rimes, LOL. "Something about her face makes me want to punch her." LOL. I have to fight back the urge to punch the TV whenever Constantine is on.

Nuray said...

Yeah, LeAnn Rimes has that face, I can't even explain it, I just want to give her a good punch. I also feel like that about Constantine. ARGH! It's like some sort of cockiness that he has that's really unwarranted.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed commenting on this entry, I was busy at home with sick kids and sick self. I can't wait to comment on tonight's show though. :)

Anonymous said...

Paula always likes everybody, each guy that sang two weeks ago was the best she's ever heard and brought her to tears!

Johnny

Nuray said...

As long as you're a male, Paula will praise you to the ends of the earth no matter how much you suck!

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://nguoxuve.com/pbgl/sxxm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://iymxqmmr.com/rwow/lajw.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://nguoxuve.com/pbgl/sxxm.html | http://yfhvsmja.com/wldx/mkef.html