Friday, August 22, 2008

I loves me a good ass piece of gossip...

...so when Melissa sent me this delicious morsel, I ate it up and didn't care one little bit about the saturated fat!

Project Runway
judge Nina Garcia has been the center of drama as the show gets ready to move to Lifetime; she was fired from Elle, but then stayed on as editor-at-large just so Elle could have a presence on the fifth season. She’ll stay with the show for its sixth season, but is now with Marie Claire magazine.

The story of how Slowley [former co-worker at Elle], Garcia, and others got to this point is told in New York Magazine, and it’s fascinating, if extremely dense and insidery. Nina was apparently loathed at Elle, especially as she got more famous; one former staff member said, “They all hate her. And no one really knows why. They just call her, like, ‘the evil one’ or ‘the monster.’”... Nina told the magazine, “The difference between me and Anne Slowey, is that I never wanted to be famous.” [reality blurred]


No comments: