Friday, January 02, 2009

Joan's 2008 Hot List

Every year brings us a bevy of fabulous gossip and hot celebs. 2008 was no exception. Here's just a few who got my attention last year:



1. Tina Fey
By far, my favorite gal. She's a renaissance woman -- writing, producing, starring in the show she created, 30 Rock. Winner of a gazillion Emmy's and honer of the world's funniest Sarah Palin impersonation... Tina hit her stride in 2008 and I hope she continues on a long and storied career. Go Tina!



2. Katy Perry
At first, I hated that song. Hated it. Then, it grew on me. It was 2008's Living Lad Vida Loca. Infectious and self-deprecating... as is the follow up Hot n Cold. She reminds me of a crazy, ditzy Cyndi Lauper-esque 80s scream queen. Cheesy, and yet -- loving it.



3. Solange
Nepotism and all that, ya know. But who cares when a debut single is as good as I Decided, Part 1. And the video was just as good.



4. Daniel Craig
Who knew a blonde Bond would rock my world. Oh, and he did. Bringing new meaning to hotness.



5. Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel
I'm F-ing Matt Damon and I'm F-ing Ben Affleck... gave me a lot of belly laughs. Two of the funniest people around.



6. Robert Downey, Jr.
A comeback couldn't have happened to a better, more talented guy. I would watch him read the phone book. Wanna clone and marry him. Someone work that out and get back to me. ;)



7. Christina Applegate
Brilliant on Samantha Who. Brave, brave woman for dealing with and bouncing back from breast cancer. More power to her in 2009.



8. Neil Patrick Harris
Holy s. He kills me. I just started watching How I Met Your Mother (I know, I know... late to the party). I did so because his web videos and heelarious Old Spice commercials are too hard to resist. Who knew Doogie Howser was hiding such a raw sense of humor. Awesome!



9. Joel McHale
The Soup should be required viewing for all human beings. Nuff said.



10. Kathy Griffin
On New Year's Eve, she asked cohost Andersen Cooper is Sanjay Gupta was around to give her a pap smear. That's balls. She's abrasive. Biting. Catty. Bitchy. Just the kinda gal I wanna be friends with. Call me, Kathy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! Agree w/just about all of it. And, just so ya know, if I can figure out a way to clone RDJ, I'm not callin' yo' ass, I'm leaving town w/the clone!!!
~Jen

Nicole said...

hey!!! if u can clone him, clone me one, too! don't be greedy ;)

Anonymous said...

Consider it done, dearie. Anything for a friend as wonderful as you! ;-)
~Jen

Unknown said...

while you're at it could you clone kathy griffin for me?