Thursday, April 28, 2005

It's like someone reached in and ripped my heart out...

OK, some of you may remember how much Constantine annoyed and bothered us in the beginning of American Idol. Joan and myself wanted to take turns punching his cocky and smug face, but to think we ended up liking the dude and are beyond baffled and actually affected by his departure last night is pretty amazing. Constantine improved over the last few weeks, endearing himself to us and even looking attractive. But it was over for him and what was even more unbelieveable was that Scott didn't even end up in the bottom three! The top three were Bo and Carrie and the bottom three were Anthony and Vonzell. Scott and Constantine were the two left up on the couch and when Ryan announced that Scott was to go stand with Bo and Carrie, I was so certain that at least Anthony would be getting booted. But nope...

Joan: Last night was un-be-lieve-a-ble. I don't think there's been a more shocking results show. And I can't believe we have to sit thru another week of Scott. Ugh. I bet he wins the frickin' competition at this point! I almost called you last night to rant and rave... But realized you're three hours behind... I was so shocked beyond belief!

Melissa: I was sooooo close to calling you, Joan, so close! But it was 12:30 AM there and I figured you were sleeping. But I am beyond baffled. I mean, I started off not liking Constantine in the slightest bit but he grew on me and I didn't want him to go! Scott and Anthony need to go before any of the others. Unbelievable. But I'm glad to say that Constantine was very, very gracious both last night and on FOX news this morning when they interviewed him.

Joan: I'm still shocked. It's all we could talk about this morning. So crazy. I'm really not looking forward to next week's results show.

Melissa: I swear, if I have to look at Scott's face once before with his stupid facial expressions and dumb hats and glasses and the shout-outs to God, I will throw stuff at the TV.

Joan: You know... Elvis used to shoot his TVs to smithereens whenever Robert Gulet came on... It may come to this.

Paula was bawling...BAWLING, yo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think the producers were as shocked by Constantine's ouster as we were? I thought it was interesting how they showed his whole performance at the end of the show instead of cutting him off after ten seconds like they do most weeks. I have to say, he really did take it well. Paula, on the other hand.... get over it!

Nuray said...

OH MY GOD! It was so funny how one second Paula was almost crying and then the next second they show her, she's bawling, her face is all wet like two waterfalls were just released from her eyes. That must have been edited, I don't know how someone can produce that many tears in such a small period of time. But I liked how touched Paula got and then they showed her hugging and talking to Constantine's mom. On this morning's interview, the reporter asked Constantine why he thought Paula got so emotional and involved in his demise and he said that Paula knows that he's 29 and has been struggling in the music industry for such a long time that she got saddened seeing his progress get squashed so prematurely. But I'm sure Constantine will still get a record deal and tons of exposure just due to the way this situation unfolded. And I'm glad they showed his complete performance, I always think it's so rude to cut off the loser half way through their songs they way they usually do. Constantine took it way better and was totally gracious, I didn't think he'd be that humble. Quite a pleasant surprise and made him even better in my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Damn Nuray, why don't you give him a call?

Johnny

Nuray said...

What can I say? The Turkish bad-ass in me likes 'em Greek boys!

Anonymous said...

Yea, I understand. Plus, my middle name is Constantine, so maybe you're attracted to that.

Johnny