Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Scott: Please don't shake what yo momma gave you!

Joan: Well, Melissa... you missed the last couple... so why don't you start off the wrap-up with your thoughts...

Melissa: Overall, I gotta say that I'm pretty pleased at this stage of the game. Granted, I absolutely hate the 70's disco genre but a lot of the songs really seemed to work out for the contestants and many of them did very well vocally. Bo rocked it with the deep rock edge, the animalistic quality of his voice added something different to the theme. Constantine is actually improving quite a bit as each week goes by. I may not hate him as much anymore. He was wearing eye make-up and they highlighted his hair. I'm so bored with Carrie but I know, I know, everyone loves her, blah, blah, blah. Scott, well, you know how I feel; I hope he goes but I bet he won't. Anthony is so annoying. And can he be wearing any more make-up? I think he has mascara on. Vonzell is cute and pretty good. She rocked it well on "I'm Every Woman." What are your thoughts, Joan?

Joan: I agree with you. This week was pretty entertaining. I happen to love disco/funk... it's one of my guiltiest pleasures... gulp. ;) I thought Carrie's song choice was poor – since there are so many better Donna Summer songs... she would have done "Last Dance" very well. Missed opportunity. And as cheesy as she looked – she fit the 70's era look well. I'm glad you mentioned Constantine... cause I was thinking someone slipped me a micki – since I thought he was fab last night (and almost, dare I say it: attractive). Oh god... what is this world coming to. And Bo... such a great rendition. Overall, the tankers were Scott (who's rendition wasn't terrible, just boring) and Anthony (who picked the worst song he could pick). For the bottom three, I'm thinking: Scott, Anthony and possibly Anwar (even though I friggin' love that song!) Melissa?

Melissa: Man, oh man, I know what you mean, I squirming to admit it, but Constantine is starting to grow on me. I can't even believe I'm having this change of heart. He has been looking more attractive lately. I don't know what it is... Ugh! Anyhoo, I thought Carrie looked a little too dressed up, too stylized, and contrived. I know that the theme was 70's disco and it's all supposed to be off the wall and crazy, but still. She just didn't fit that look. What did Simon say? Something about 70's meets the Stepford Wives or something. She just looks like such a young, sweet, innocent country girl, I couldn't really see her with all that hair and make-up. And can I just say that I can't stand Anwar more and more as each week goes by? He just annoys me, everything about him. And last night, he had his shirt unbuttoned so low that I thought we were gonna see his nipple through all the gyrating he was doing, trying to conjure up stage presence. And Scott, yes, how freakin' BORING! And how smug too. ARGH! I'm hoping tonight's bottom three is Scott, Anthony, and Anwar. And even more hopefully, Scott gets the big ole boot! Back to Ohio wit his ass.

Joan: Yes, it's time for Scott... that smug bastard better not stick around a week longer. How he got picked over Nadia... I'll never know. But it is proof that America is heavily medicated.

Melissa: I know I say this now and there's no chance I'll stick to it, but I'll boycott American Idol if Scott doesn't go tonight. Thing is, if he doesn't, then who will? No one besides him really deserves the boot yet. Except maybe Anthony but at least I like Anthony and don't really want to slap him like I do with Scott.

Joan: I've said that a million times and it never sticks... but if those three mentioned don't land in the bottom three tonight... my thoughts regarding American mentality will have been confirmed. Welp... We shall see tonight and post, perhaps angrily, tomorrow.

Melissa: I look forward to it, Joan.

Joan & Melissa - OUT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was not a fan of this week's episode. I think there were some much better song choices they could have made. I liked Scott's song choice, but not his performance. Did not like Constantine's eye makeup. I think Vonzell and Bo were my faves this week.

Anonymous said...

Is Scott the buzz-cut dude? He's out next!

Johnny