Monday, January 23, 2006

Is it OVAH? Part: Kabbalah & Snatch

Is it over between these two? Rumors have been going around for a while about this marriage being on the rocks, so either it's another round of rumors or just the beginning of the surfacing of the troof? Or a cover-up attempt. --Melissa


London insiders are buzzing about trouble between Madonna and her husband of five years, director Guy Ritchie. Open speculation in media circles is that "the couple has split, but they're keeping it quiet."

Another longtime Madonna insider tells me: "She has been spending very little time with him. She is obsessed with everything related to her career at this point. The album ["Confessions on a Dance Floor"] is a hit, and that is all she seems to care about these days. A split? Not sure. Less time together? Most definitely."

Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg, says all has been well on the video set for her new single, "Sorry." "Guy came to the set to visit, once with the children [Rocco and Lourdes] and once without," she said. "Mr. and Mrs. Ritchie seemed perfectly comfortable and adoring of each other. ... My sense is that they're quite a happy, content couple."

Madonna herself recently surprised fans by speaking of how she and Ritchie nearly broke up. "I got married for all the wrong reasons," she admitted in a documentary last October. "My husband did not turn out to be everything I had imagined him to be."

The film depicted fights - including one that derailed a planned trip to Ireland - and a day when the couple wouldn't speak to each other.

Madonna admitted, "There is no such thing as the perfect soul mate." But she said: "I thank God every day that I married a man who makes me think. That is my definition of true love." [NY Daily News]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she shouldn't have gotten married and had a child if she's so obsessed with her career.

Johnny

Nicole said...

I saw this documentary recently:

Madonna herself recently surprised fans by speaking of how she and Ritchie nearly broke up. "I got married for all the wrong reasons," she admitted in a documentary last October. "My husband did not turn out to be everything I had imagined him to be."

and I was shocked... but she did qualify it, though not convincngly. it seemed odd to be so forthcoming on something as lasting as celluloid.

i never expected any marriage of hers to last... so i wouln't be shocked at all if they called it quits...