Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Melissa, can you handle it?


Melissa's crush on Mr. American Idol Host, Ryan Seacrest gets hot and heavy... more air time means more drooling. Down girl! [Damn though, this sure beats Star Jones coverage. There was only so much 'me, me, me' I could take. She out-me me me'd me, of all people. Sheesh.] --Joan

[Ryan] Seacrest will be executive producer of E!'s "Live From the Red Carpet," starting with the Golden Globes on January 16. He'll share hosting duties with designer Isaac Mizrahi and E!'s Giuliana DePandi.

Mizrahi and DePandi will work the red carpet while Seacrest will act as master of ceremonies from a "strategic tower perch," according to the channel.

Star Jones, who handled red-carpet shows for E! after Joan Rivers and her daughter, Melissa, skipped to the TV Guide Channel, won't be part of the team, an E! spokeswoman said.

Seacrest's deal with E! extends beyond Hollywood's awards season.

In March, Seacrest will become managing editor and lead anchor of "E! News," joining current anchor DePandi, E! said. He will produce series for the channel through his Ryan Seacrest Productions, and has the option of selling shows to other networks or channels.

Seacrest also will produce and host celebrity interview specials for E! as part of the agreement, which some reports have valued at $21 million. The channel declined to specify the contract's value. [CNN]

3 comments:

Nuray said...

Oh Joan, we must have not spoken about Ryan in a loooong time, probably since AI ended last season. I'm soooooo OVAH Seacrest. I wouldn't give a rat's ass if I never saw his face again. He's like Carson Daly to me...no personality, nothing special, and yet he's got so much money, he can wipe his ass with it. And now this 21 million dollar deal, sheesh...is he really worth it???

Anonymous said...

Better than Star Jones...

Anonymous said...

Wow, you go from loving him to not giving a shit... I thought you only did that with me :)

Johnny