Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oops, I did it again...

Another day, another fuck-up for BritBrit. Looks like Child Services is on her ass for this. --Melissa

An LA County Sheriff's official has told TMZ that the LA County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) will investigate the incident involving Britney Spears and her son. Spears drove in Malibu yesterday with her baby on her lap without any child restraint.

This afternoon, Deputy Sheriff Mark Winn went to the Spears home. The official told TMZ Winn made the trip to get contact information for DCFS, so that DCFS "could do their thing."

Britney's rep told TMZ Winn spoke with security - not Spears herself.

As we first reported, DCFS contacted the LA County Sheriff's Department earlier today, inquiring about the incident. TMZ contacted a DCFS official who would not comment on the matter.

Britney issued a statement saying, "I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger." She added, "I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way..."

The TV show 'EXTRA' has obtained the following statement from X17, the company that took the picture: "These pictures were taken in a very peaceful context, in which photographers exhibited no aggressive behavior. We believe the pictures speak for themselves."
[TMZ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a dumbass. Anyway, what I want to know is, why was the baby out of his carseat to begin with? From the other story, I presume that Brit had driven to the convenience store with the baby properly secured, then when her bodyguard went in the store, she took him out of the seat. Why? she wasn't going in the store, and usually a stop at a convenience store only takes a minute. As a parent, I know that if there are two adults present, taking the baby out of the car for a two minute stop is more trouble than it's worth, as it takes another minute to re-secure him. Of course, if you're alone with the baby, you should never leave him in the car, but that's another story and probably something she would do...

Sorry for ranting, I just think she's the biggest idiot and does not deserve to have a child.

Anonymous said...

My bad, it was a coffee shop, not a convenience store... but my argument still stands.

Anonymous said...

Not that it's a smart thing to do but it's not that big a deal, I don't like her but I hope they don't take her kid away or anything like that...

Johnny

Nuray said...

What really blows my gasket is the fact that you can clearly see that there is another adult in the car with her?!?! There isn't a reason good enough on this planet that can explain why that other person wasn't holding the baby or why he or she couldn't have been driving while the other was in the back seat securing the baby in.