Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm never washing my hand...


12/6/05.
An Evening with President William Jefferson Clinton.
A speech to kick off Hillary Clinton's
2006 senate campaign re-election.
Special Guest: Ben Folds.


It's been a good year for Clinton sightings for me. I've been lucky enough to see Clinton speak twice in as many months. Barely having enough time to recover from the excitement of the Hofstra Presidential Conference, I was off to a campaign fundraiser at, of all places, Crobar in Manhattan's Chelsea.

The trendy night spot packed in a throng of young liberals, waiting for more than an hour on line to gain entrance. Once inside, it took a long time to find a good spot to view the stage, but we managed...snagging a good view from stage right. I snapped the photo above... not too bad. ;)

Clinton spoke for about 15 minutes, in jovial tones and with off-the-cuff ease. Had the crowd in the palm of his hand. After speaking, he shook hands. Myself included. I'm never washing my hand. ;)

--Joan, aka Nicole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that engaging off-the-cuff ease :)

Johnny