Thursday, December 22, 2005

Oooh, that smell...

Many of you may have found yourself in a similar situation and wondered what to do. Perhaps the following conversation and provide some clue, some advice, some hope...

The names have been changed to protect the innocent.



Uma: So I have a quandary. I need your help on this. Ashamed as I am to admit this, I realllllllly love the JLO scent, Glow. But I refuse to buy it and own that tacky ass bottle. So, would it be really tacky... If I bought it and changed bottles. Then never admitted what perfume I'’m wearing? LOL.

Oprah:
Ok... chickie... sometimes, I swear, we share one freakin'’ brain!!! I had the SAME-ASS problem a couple of months ago. I was in Sephora and was sniffing around and sniffed Fantasy...the new (oh dare I say it?) Britney scent. Out of curiosity, I sprayed it on and wanted to see how it was going to react and smell on my skin for the rest of the day. I fell in love. Every time I got a whiff, I loved it more. But, of course, the quandary was that it was freakin'’ BRITNEY!!! And I couldn'’t have that. I had a friend smell it, too, and she was like, 'oh my god, that'’s really nice, what is it???' So I had a confirmation that I wasn'’t the only one who liked it. I hesitated and told her it was Brit-Brit. I said I reeeeeally wanted it but couldn't bring myself to own one of her scents. She said, buy it and wear it but don't tell anyone what it is. So, that'’s what I did. Fortunately in my case, nowhere on the bottle does it say anything, much less her name. It'’s on the bottom. So, moral of the story, if you like it and it smells good on you, buy it and wear it, but don'’t tell anyone what it is.

Uma:
Lofl. I am dying. I can't believe you did the exact same thing!!!! Unreal. Ok. I'’m convinced now and I have to buy it. But trying it out on your skin is a good idea. I'’ll go to sephora and do that. Always full of good advice. Seriously though ...— how friggin tacky is this bottle??? Am I supposed to wear that bauble???? What is it???

Oprah:
I know! leave it up to her to tackify something that so does not need to look tacky and can look so much better. I mean, the possible designs of a perfume bottle are virtually endless and she agreed on this?!?!? Well, it is J.Lo, after all. But I remember smelling this when it first came out and was pleasantly surprised at how good it smells. Definitely try it out on your skin, cause it reacts differently on everyone. Spray it on and walk around for a little while, cause the amount of time it'’s on your skin and temps also make a difference. It doesn'’t hurt asking if they happen to have sample vials either. If they do, take one and this way you can wear it for a few days before you commit totally. I smelled Moschino's Cheap and Chic I Love Love recently and thought I really liked it until I went back a few weeks later and resprayed it on and couldn'’t even stand the smell at that point. I thought I was going to puke every time I got a whiff. It's so weird how one time I liked a scent and another time, I couldn'’t even stand it! The same quandary continues for the Sarah Jessica perfume Lovely. I really like it but it'’s Sarah Jessica!!! I might cave though cause I'’m using that sample vial I got from you that you got from the Lucky event... Here'’s the bottle for the Britney one I got:

Uma:
That'’s so true... I put on Stila'’s Cream Blossom and hated it, then liked it hours later.Yet with Jade Blossum, I loved it in [friend that will remain nameless] and not so much on me. Ok. The bottle for Moschino'’s Cheap and Chic I Love Love looks like a sex toy... Lofl. I like lovely, but it'’s a little strong for me. And I'’d rather buy SJP'’s than JLO's. It's D-list vs. B-list. I smelled the britney one at sephora and was surprised. It is very nice. A little strong for me, but nice. If I got it, I'd have to dab it on. Not spray. I'’m so sensitive to scents, so when I find something I like...i pounce on it. Just this JLO thing has been irking me.

Oprah:
It's kinda like jeans, once you find a pair that fits your body like a glove, you need to jump on it. Same with perfumes, if there's one that you really like and smells good on your skin and is the concentration you prefer, then get it. Just remember, it's our little secret!!! LOL!!!! ;P It'’s so freakin'’ funny, you owning J.Lo and me owning Brit. Are we total hypocrites or what!?!?!? LOL!!!

Uma:
Total hypocrites. Oh, but it's so damned funny!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know who Oprah is! How could you when you know how I feel about that woman?

Johnny

Nuray said...

Can I get a whoop-whoop, girlfriend?!?!?!?!

Nicole said...

knowing how nuray feels about oprah, i couldn't resist. and what's a stranger name than oprah? why, uma, of course!

Nuray said...

How about Moxie KrimeFighter? I LOVE IT!!!! I don't care how weird and far-out it is, I just think it's such a kick-ass moniker.