Monday, March 06, 2006

J&M's Red Carpet Roundup: Oscars 2006

Joan: Overall, the evening was fashionistically unimpressive.

Melissa: Please, please, please tell me the Aussies are on your worst list. They are on mine for sure. Nicole Kidman is skeletal and pale these days yet she insists on wearing pale gown after pale gown that just washes her out. She's like Casper floating down on that carpet. Same washed out thing happening with Naomi.

Joan: Hmm. I agree on the color for Nicole... Washing her out... But I thought the shape and detail of that dress was just beautiful. So I have mixed feelings. But Naomi Watts looked like she's been thru a shredder! It was awful.


Melissa: Nicole really hasn't been looking at all that good lately, in my opinion…wearing colors that are way too light for her skin and hair. And she’s hit a wall, aged drastically in the last couple of years. She needs to start darkening her hair a little bit and wearing richer colors.

Joan: Yes, I agree. The blonde is too blonde. She needs a little red again. I like that she’s pale...tan can be so tacky on the wrong person. But her colors s/b a little more dramatic.


Joan: I liked Jennifer Lopez’s dress and Jennifer Anniston’s dress was great on camera. Doesn't photograph well... But it had nice lines. I positively hated Charlize Theron's dress. Too severe and mechanical. It looked like it was stiff. Overpowering. Just wrong.



Melissa: Did you notice Jlo’s makeup though? When she came out to present, her face was so much darker than her body. Poor blending.

Joan: No, I didn’t. I noticed that w/Uma Thurman -- her eyes were too smoky. And Keira Knightly. Way overdone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keira was hot!

Johnny

Nuray said...

I DVRed the Fashion Police rundown of the Oscars, but haven't watched it yet. I'll bet Keira is on their Best Dressed list.