Friday, March 10, 2006

Snarky Sayonara, week 3

The final 12 was chosen last night on American Idol. We had to say good-bye to these four:

It was a pleasure, Kinnik. You neither brought out any feelings of anger or annoyance nor did you make us feel any joy with your presence on the show. You were perfectly devoid of any personality or flair and now you must go.

Ayla, Ayla, Ayla...you were portrayed as the perfect girl. Father, a Massachusetts State Senator, mother, a local television personality. And on top of that, you are set to attend Boston College on a basketball scholarship. And you're very tall and thin on top of it. Did you fall victim to the phenomenon called Girl-Hate? Whatever the case was, keep strutting your stuff in those high-heels even though you're 7' 2" barefoot.

Good-bye, Fred Savage, AKA Kevin Arnold, AKA can't remember your real name. It was swell. Don't sweat it. I'm sure Paul Pfeiffer and Winnie have been awaiting your return so you guys can get back to playing your Archies' records down in the rec room.

And finally, Gedeon, so long. I actually started liking you more and more each week even though you frightened the daylights out of me, made me scared down to the depths of my very soul, made my heart scream with fear. You have the smile of a jack-o'lantern but the voice of a smoky, old Motown soul. You made me want to throw my hands up in the air and yell "Hallelujah." You said "God bless you" after each judge's comment. You made a painting of a record with the earth on it, signifying that music unites us all. Yet, I still think you have bodies buried in your backyard. Are you not the most enigmatic contestant that American Idol has ever had? I think you may be, Gedeon. Go now and go proud.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did Ayla have to go? There's no point in me watching anymore.

Johnny

Nicole said...

i really don't understand the mentality of idol voters. how can they keep miss beauty contest/whory whorison and get rid of ayla, whose voice is sooooo much better?

and how, pray tell, can they get rid of gedeon in favor of bucky...? even though there wasn't something right about gedeon... still. talent should outweigh creepiness. well, maybe not.

now, who should have gone was little pre-pubescent kevin and the pole dancer.

btw, aside from mandissa and ace -- this is the lousiest top 12 ever.

Anonymous said...

Next week, Levittown and Beauty Queen, perhaps...?

Nicole, I know you're blinded by the sheer hotness of your darling Ace...but don't forget Goat Boy. He deserves some lovin'.

And as far as the results coming down to Gedeon and Bucky, let's just say that one set of teeth won out over the other.

Anonymous said...

Gedeon is scary, but he sings better than a few of the people still there.

Ace? Seriously? He's very pretty but I haven't liked his songs at all the past few weeks. The falsetto? Just... no.

Who do you guys mean by beauty queen? And is goat boy Elliot (because of his bizarre facial hair which he has thankfully gotten rid of?) He has a really good voice.

Nuray said...

Melissa, who did the Heart song, is who we refer to as Beauty Queen. In her profile, it says she used to participate in beauty pageants.

Joan luuuuuurves Ace. I think he's cute but I prefer Chris D. I like his rock edge. I wasn't crazy about Ace's falsetto either. I thought it sounded bad and I was ready for Simon to slam him on it but surprisingly, he didn't. I'm hoping Chicken Little goes next week. It's loooong overdue. He so should have gone before Gedeon. :(

Anonymous said...

Melissa is the beauty queen? She's definitely not the prettiest one there. For the girls I like Katharine, Paris, and Mandisa.

Boys, I like Chris, Elliot (I wish he was prettier though, how shallow am I?) and Taylor (his voice, not his weird moves.)

Nuray said...

Some of the boys are really painful too look at. Bucky, not much can help that boy. But shaving that mustache off would be a very good start. Elliot is also really hard to look at, especially when the cameras zoom into his face when he's singing. Great voice, but I need to close my eyes (it's ok, Emily, to be a little shallow!). Chicken Little is another one who's bad looking. He's like a 5-year-old child actor, weird and awkward, acting too old for his age, especially with the "Vincent" song he sang. Ace and Chris are the best looking ones. I HATE Taylor's movements and the way he yelps and jumps around. Geez, get some composure, dude! He's the oldest one there!

The girls are definitely waaaaaaaay better looking. Paris is cute, although what the hell is up with her hair?!?!? Bad pigtails. Katherine is very pretty, I think. Beauty Queen is a slut, but she definitely dresses to get the guy vote. Mandisa is a powerhouse diva (not in the prissy way, but in the "presence as a performer" way). The Pickle is ANNOYING! Too dumb for words.

Anonymous said...

"Bucky, not much can help that boy. But shaving that mustache off would be a very good start."

And changing his name... nobody named Bucky will ever be the American Idol.

I was glad when Elliot got rid of that weird hair along his jawline, but I'm at a loss as to what else can help his appearance.