Saturday, September 02, 2006

Arg!

Melissa and I might be the only two people in America watching CBS's Rockstar: Supernova. In fact, I think we're solely responsible for its ratings. So, if you're not a fan -- passing or hardcore -- most of this convo won't be of interest to you. But, if you were a fan of the latter years of Guns 'n Roses, then you might find the last bit amusing. Cheers! --Joan
Joan: Ryan's gone suckah! Did u hear me rejoicing!!!???
Melissa: Whatevs. I thought Storm should have gone but she 
really redeemed herself with that performance. Lukas still untouched!
Joan: Oh, it was like a friggin holiday in my house.
 I was blissfully happy. Hot damn! I thought for sure she was going. 
The guys think she's hot – so that saved her ass. Next week... 
She's go. Or maybe Toby.
Melissa: No matter how good the girls are,
 I just keep thinking that Supernova doesn’t want a female front for their band. 
I mean, how else would Tommy be able to bang groupie after groupie 
under the disappointed female gaze of a Storm or Dilana. 
It's a case of boys will be boys, and without male singer, 
they would never be able to do the guys hanging out thing.
Joan: Maybe so. But this band has one cod in them, tops. 
This has to be a project -- not a serious venture – 
like INXS was last year. I'm thinking they're gonna gain 
the exposure from the show, put out CD, tour and part ways. 
So if that's the case -- they'll be fine w/a female lead – 
and I don't think either storm or Dilana would mind a 
few groupies of their own – male or female.
Melissa: I think they want Toby for the partying aspect 
that he'll be so down with. And the drinking and getting 
stupid aspect. Magni is a family man. Lukas is too dark 
and brooding, he probably would go off on his own after 
a show and not put up with Tommy’s antics.
Joan: I hear ya. And how bad was that song last night, 
and last week. Omg. That's some crap-ass music.
Melissa: I said that to John last night after Supernova 
said that they were going to perform an original.
 I was like, "oh please, no. I can't take anymore of these originals."
 Like the INXS band, no one is going to see these guys.
Joan: It was brutal... And they're so gung-ho about it. 
Like they're sitting on a goldmine. Ick.
Melissa: The following for Supernova might last a little 
longer than for the INXS band only because individually 
the guys are famous and have been a part of hugely famous 
bands for a long time, Metallica, GNR, Motley. The rest of 
the INXS band, who really cares?
Joan: True. And I have to admit, I have a strange 
attraction to Gilby Clark. He looks like a pirate.
Melissa: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OK...just died. 
Yes, he does look like a pirate. His hair is very well cut, 
the layers and the way it lays is very nice.
Joan: I dunno. He does it for me. What can I say? 
And I don't even like pirates...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joan,

I got a wooden leg and I'll throw on an eye patch for you ;)

Johnny