Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Will Oscar Air?

With the Writers' Strike still looming large over Hollywood, the big debate is whether the Academy Awards will go the way of The Golden Globes (and nearly every other major awards show this season). If the strike doesn't reach a resolution before the ceremony, you can be sure industry professionals -- actors included -- will not be crossing the picket line. Case in point:

"If there's a strike I will not go," [Viggo Mortensen] told the Associated Press on Tuesday, shortly after this year's nominations were announced, "but I have a feeling they'll solve it. I hope they do. I'm sure my mom would like to see me on TV." ...


"I would never cross a picket line, ever," said Tony Gilroy, Best Director nominee for Michael Clayton. "I couldn't. I'm a 20-year member of the Writers Guild. I think whatever they work out is going to be one way or the other but, no, I could never cross a picket line. I think there's a lot of people who feel that way."

Some nominees, however, followed tradition and stuck to expressing their delight at being considered for Hollywood's highest honor. [people]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

his mom hasn't seen him on tv?