Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Would someone please muzzle her dumb ass?


I gotta say... I have never been so disappointed. I really liked Sherri Shepherd on Everybody Loves Raymond and 30 Rock. But, when The View introduced us to the real Sherri Shepherd it proved only that she's a decent actress -- albeit a waste of space as a member of society. Actually, the more I watch her on the View, the more I realize how talented she is...

Of course you'll all remember Sherri's now infamous comments regarding planet Earth ("Do I know if the world is flat? I don't know, Whoopi, I never thought about it. I thought about how I'm going to feed my child.") and history as it relates to religion ("There is not history before Jesus.") Well, she's opened her dumb mouth again...this time, in case you were doubting the dope she is, it should firmly solidify any misconceptions:

On, Monday, cast member Sherri Shepherd tells the story of taking her son to a "rich white folks' store," where the toddler had something of a meltdown. [BTW the meltdown was caused because she deprived him of a nap so she could go shopping. She admitted this on air. --ed] Much to Shepherd's chagrin, because of the socioeconomic-racial dynamic of Giggle, she couldn't physically discipline her screaming child. Whoopi Goldberg attempts to save her, but Shepherd, who has earlier professed doubt about the world being round, just keeps digging herself deeper. As she put it, in an ever-so-Christmasy way: "This wasn't a store that looked like they beat the kids. So I had to do as the Romans do when I was in the Roman store." [Washington Post]

Watch the ridiculousness here.


I bet Babs is regretting that whole decision to hire her right about now. If you watch, you also know that Joy and Whoopi clench their teeth whenever she has the floor. They're petrified she's going to say something stupid. They also disagree with her on a regular basis. Reminds me of the ol' Metanopolous days...

4 comments:

Nuray said...

what a tool. first hasselbeck, now her. they can't seem to get it right. i have the perfect solution: cancel the dumb show and have all the hags disappear into oblivion.

Nicole said...

lol. yes please. except joy. i don't know why but i like her.

Nuray said...

omg, joy grates and grates... she's prob the best out of them, if i had to choose. liberal, outspoken, not an idiot. plus she went to suny SB so she's a fellow alumni, but still. all the nagging hags have to disappear.

Unknown said...

which one is joy? the annoying one? or one of the other annoying ones?