Saturday, December 06, 2008

I actually feel bad for Stephanie Tanner

Stephanie Tanner and her husband are getting divorced after 16 months of marriage. Their daughter isn't even a year old yet. If what is said is true about her soon-to-be ex, then he's an asssssssshole.


New court papers shed light on the deteriorating marriage of former Full House actress Jodie Sweetin to husband Cody Herpin.

"Our house is in foreclosure, our water has been shut off twice. Currently, all of our other utilities are overdue," the actress says in papers filed Nov. 19 in an Orange County, Calif., court, describing the 16-month union as "rocky."

Herpin, a driver and transportation coordinator in the film industry, stopped working after they got married, Sweetin alleges. "[He] kept finding one excuse after another for his failure to even attempt to find employment," she says.

Sweetin, 26, claims the couple were kept afloat financially with Full House residuals and help from their parents.

The actress filed for legal separation from Herpin, 31, last month. The latest documents are a request for a court order allowing her to retrieve her belongings, as well as clothing and toys for their 7-month-old daughter, Zoie, in the event Herpin "prevents [her] from peacefully taking these items." Sweetin claims she worries Herpin "will become very emotional and possibly erratic."

Reached for comment, Herpin tells PEOPLE that Sweetin has returned home four times since the above filing, but "she won't talk to me," he says, and his emails to her have gone unanswered. "I still have no idea what this is about. None of this makes sense."

As for his lack of employment, "I was the stay-at-home dad, my job was taking care of Zoie," due to Sweetin's busy schedule, Herpin says. He is seeking sole legal and physical custody of the couple's daughter.

"My client has cooperated with Ms. Sweetin in the several times she's returned to the family residence," says Herpin's lawyer, Robert Benavente. "As for her other claims, some of which are false, we will address those in court documents."

In her filing, Sweetin describes a heated moment Nov. 17 when she says she told Herpin she no longer wanted to be married to him and that she was moving in with her parents.

"He told me I could not take Zoie with me. He said he would call the police and report that she was abducted by me and seek sole custody. He grabbed Zoie from the floor where she was playing ... but put Zoie down and later went for a walk." Sweetin says she then took their daughter and their dog and went to her parents' home.

Herpin called her claims "ridiculous."

The actress has filed for joint legal and physical custody: "I would never deprive [Herpin] of seeing our daughter ... However, I believe he is going to try to prevent me from seeing [her]," she says in the recent court papers.

A hearing in the case, which includes a mediation session, has been scheduled for Feb. 9. [People]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont know whether to feel sorry for her or not. i mean, just look at the guy and all his tattoos. did she think she was marrying some sweet nice guy?

Nicole said...

he prob thought she had full house cash and was gonna mooch. loser.

Nuray said...

tattoos don't necessarily mean that someone is not a sweet guy, although neck tattoos are always question one's taste. remember the guy with FUCK LOVE neck tattoo?

Unknown said...

i feel kinda sorry for her. i thought she was making a comeback when she was hosting "pants off dance off."

you'd think the olsens could find it in their hearts to lend her a few mil.

Unknown said...

anyone that has a tatoo is obviously a punk!

Unknown said...

Uhm excuse you but your comment was completely offensive. I'm going to be straight with you right now and maybe educate you a little, the nicest people I have ever met were covered in tattoos and piercings & the most judgmental people I have met are the ones who go to church every Sunday ... Not going to lie I have a few tattoos and piercings myself and have many friends new and old because I'm a nice person and my grandmother who goes to church every Sunday told me recently that I needed to lose weight .. I weigh 125 pounds and I'm 23 years old .. Not that my weight is anyone's business but my own, I have never had a good relationship with her because of the fact that she's so judgemental for no reason. You should be careful with the things you say and maybe keep your comments to yourself.

Unknown said...

Uhm excuse you but your comment was completely offensive. I'm going to be straight with you right now and maybe educate you a little, the nicest people I have ever met were covered in tattoos and piercings & the most judgmental people I have met are the ones who go to church every Sunday ... Not going to lie I have a few tattoos and piercings myself and have many friends new and old because I'm a nice person and my grandmother who goes to church every Sunday told me recently that I needed to lose weight .. I weigh 125 pounds and I'm 23 years old .. Not that my weight is anyone's business but my own, I have never had a good relationship with her because of the fact that she's so judgemental for no reason. You should be careful with the things you say and maybe keep your comments to yourself.