Thursday, May 12, 2005

Good-bye Ukrainian sensation

Joan: Melissa, Melissa, Melissa…it finally went down like it should have all the while. Ding Dong the Nerd is Gone!!! Thoughts, comments...ventings?

Melissa: It was sorta, kinda touching while Anthony was performing and Carrie was crying and then she mouthed that she loves him to him. Interesting....wonder what the deal with that is. Otherwise, yes, it did work out the way it should. Although now there's no question that Vonzell will go next week leaving Bo and Carrie for the final two. Performance-wise, Bo kicked ass on both songs Tuesday night, although the first one was a little boring and slow as Simon said. I wonder what happened to Vonzell when she said she had a rough day and then started crying. I did like Anthony’s rendition of "If You Don't Know Me By Now" way better than Carrie's. And I have to admit, I did enjoy "Sin Wagon."

Joan: I have a feeling there's something more to the Vonzell thing that just nerves. I bet she got some bad news just before show time... something. Usually, she's so commanding of the stage and comfortable up there. But she was so nervous during that first number, it was palpable. And Simon was right, her last number was manic. But good. I'd like her to win... but you're right. She is going next week. In that case, I'd like Carrie to win... but wouldn't mind Bo either. Overall, I'm happy withthe top three. I was totally pissed at Anthony and whoever is back there giving the song-choice OK – for letting him sing the same song as Carrie. I hate that crap. With all the songs to choose, they could have come to a compromise. Sheesh. Really poor organization on the producers' parts.

Melissa: I don't like it either when performers do the same song. That should be a rule, once you do a song or another performer picks it, then you can't do it on the same night or even the same season. It's kinda like cheating in my book. Yeah, I'll bet Vonzell got some bad news or something. The catty gossiper in me was so hoping they would say what it was but unfortunately they didn't. It was so obvious that they wanted the audience to know that something was up with Vonzell when Paula asked her how she was feeling that day and then Vonzell broke down with the crying. Seems a little too planned out like, here's why she may have sucked, folks. But either way, she's still a talented performer so it's not like she needs excuses or is getting a free ride by any means.

Joan: Course, that sympathy card could have worked for Vonzell... since Anthony wasn't actually terrible the night before. And you're right... Paula asking did seem contrived. I really wanna smack Paula sometimes. She cannot speak... spit it out already! I think, maybe, next year they need some new judges. They can leave Simon... but get rid of Randy and Paula. It's getting tired. I heard they might let former winners be judges...which I don't care for. They need to be industry people... with years of experience. I caught Corey Clark on the Howard Stern show... and if anyone thinks he was telling the truth, all they need to do is watch the re-cap on E! – he's a complete con artist.

Melissa: Oh I'm sure the weeping did work, especially coupled with her shout-out to her Daddy every two seconds! Anthony didn't have any tuggers at the heart-strings going for him. I also find Paula very annoying, especially since she's so spaced out all the time and tries to cover up any criticisms she may have and sugar coat them. And Randy with the "Yo, dawg." It's old and O-VA! Corey Clark was supposed to be on a radio station here this morning but I got to work before he was scheduled to call in. But the DJs were playing his new song called, get this, what a freakin' freeloading, cashing-in bastard, "Paulatics." Like politics, 'cept not. Here are some lyrics from it: "Your possibilities have gone to the top/And if you breathe a word you will be dropped/Your personality at first seemed to be so sweet/But then I saw the you that they'll never show on TV." He is a total con-artist and it's so obvious. There's no reason why he should have ever come out with this allegations, even if they are true. It's not like he got kicked off for reasons having to do with his supposed relationship with Paula, he got kicked off cause he's a thug and held back info from the producers. It's plain to see he needs the publicity.

Joan: Well, I think he's on his 14th minute. Hopefully, we won't have to hear from him too much longer. Everyone's on the take – it makes me sick. Well, Meliss... that's another week's wrap-up... only 2 more left? Can it be??? Say it ain't so!

Melissa: Yup, only 2 weeks to go. I'll be on the edge of my seat till the end, fo' sho'! And I'll actually be in town for next week's show so we'll able to dish face to face! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out TWoP Tuesday night because I missed Carrie and Bo's first performance and Anthony's second performance, and I wanted to see what people were saying. From what I could gather, Vonzell's dog died or something. (BTW, her first performance was awful, BUT I'm glad she didn't get the boot, because girl can SING.)

I'm sorry I missed Carrie's performance of "Sin Wagon," because I would have liked to compare it to Amy Adams' performance of it from last year (she performed it REALLY well, she was one of my faves last year.) I honestly didn't think I was listening to the same performance as the judges on Carrie's second song, I didn't think it was so bad.

Bo always rocks... wish I could've heard his country song, as I am a fan of Travis Tritt and the song, and I wanted to hear Bo's version.

Anthony, eh, I'm never too impressed with him, and I think we have the right top three.

Anonymous said...

Where are you Nuraaaayy? I know you're out of town but I need my Joan & Melissa fix for the week. I have to know what you thought of "final 3" week. Overall, I think the performance night was very good, much easier to watch than some of the atrocities of earlier in the season. Vonzell's first song was the worst, but of course this week, song choice couldn't be blamed on the performers. I'm sure she will have a contract soon anyway.

Go Bo!

Anonymous said...

Tonight is the final showdown!

Nuray said...

Can't wait!!! There will be Joan & Melissa coverage this week fo' sho'!!!

Anonymous said...

Vonz can't sing! The other black chick with the 'fro was much better.

Johnny