Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The showdown has arrived...



Joan: Well, Meliss... it's finally coming to a close. It seems like just yesterday we were ranting and raving over Scott's mysterious appeal, Nadia's terrible Mohawk and Anthony's Clay-like resemblance. But, all good things must come to an end. Just one final performance night to critique: What were your thoughts on last night?

Melissa: I thought Carrie rocked it really well on the second song, I think it was a Martina McBride song? And the on the last one, she really displayed her vocal skills. But I've said it before, country just does not appeal to me and although I can recognize her talent, I have no interest in the genre she will be cultivated in when she puts an album out. Bo did really well too. The first song was a snooze-fest but he really redeemed himself on the second and third songs. It seems to be a pretty equal split among them so it'll be interesting to see who wins it tonight. I'm hoping for Bo, but both will undoubtedly get record deals for sure. What did you think, Joan?

Joan: It was very clear they were nervous... It showed in each performance. I've always thought the venue change for that last night is too much for them to handle. More people, different room, different acoustics – plus the stress of it being the last competition. Overall, they redeemed themselves in the end and did equally well. I was surprised that Simon said Carrie had a chance of winning. I just see this going to Bo, regardless of my own wishes. But, what I like about these two is that they are not competing style-wise and can therefore have equally successful careers. She'll do her thing; he'll do his. And there will be no back biting involved. Overall, I'm happy with any result.

Melissa: Yeah, really good observation. They are doing totally different styles so they will make different albums to appeal to various people, no competition in record sales. I alway thought Carrie had a chance of winning, she's very talented and both Bo and her are equally appealing. Both have decent star quality and likeability, unlike that idiot Scott! So it’s a two-hour finale tonight. Talk about stretching it out... Isn’t the AI finale competing with the Lost finale?

Joan: 2 HOURS!!! Jeezy Creezy. I had no idea. I'm going to have to tape Lost. Crap-o-la. They could have done an hour, that would have been plenty. What are they going to do for two hours????

Melissa: SQUEEEEEZE the AI sponge for all it's worth. Not necessary but not surprising either. I've never seen Lost before but I know the premise and was listening to some tidbits on the radio this morning, so I will tape it. I can get backstories from you later cause I know you watch. Seems like an awesome show from what I've seen and heard. Well, Joan, looks like after tonight we'll have to find other stuff to dish on. Till tomorrow, when we reconvene to discuss the results!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the first performance for both of them was not the greatest, they were obviously nervous. But they both did well on their second and third songs. However, being a Martina McBride fan, there's no way Carrie can compete because that woman has an amazing voice. So I'd have to say overall I enjoyed Bo's performances a smidge better and prefer him to win. That said, how cheesey were those two original songs? I think Carrie and Bo both did a fabulous job considering the songs sucked, IMHO. I never have liked the original songs that were the first singles for the AI winners.

Anonymous said...

"Back biting"? Never heard of that before :)

Johnny