Thursday, May 26, 2005

It's been grand, folks

Joan: Well, "it's over, Johnny." And what a finale it was. I have to say, I didn't realize how much I wanted Carrie to win until that final moment. She just looked like she wanted/needed it so bad... And Bo, Bo's so laid back... Not to mention Clive Davis wants to sign him ASAP...so, he'll probably wind up having a better career and be able to explore his true potential without the American Idol people getting all up in his business. So...overall...I'm happy with the results. Melis?

Melissa: You are totally right. I was disappointed that Bo didn't win. He is just so gracious and seems so nice. But yes, I hadn't thought of it the way you stated above, without the American Idol contract, he will be a lot freer in taking his music in the direction he wants it to go. And yes, Clive Davis did want to sign him up and even Randy said it a few times that he would love to produce Bo's album and work with him on stuff. Carrie will put out the LeAnn Rimes-type CD but I don't think she'll have the fame that Kelly Clarkson and Clay have. I think she'll disappear into the woodwork like Ruben and Fantasia. Oh well. What do you think, Joan?

Joan: Bo will be just fine. In fact, I have a feeling he will maintain longevity. Especially if he's able to keep that down-home-grown feel. Carrie, I think she may do very well…if they market her like Faith Hill, she may be able to crossover into the mainstream. I think she will do much, much better than Fantasia. Plus, she's adorable...I see her getting snapped up for make-up endorsements and oodles of other spots. I tend to agree with Simon when he says, she's the most marketable one yet. I will say this much for the finale though... WHO'S THE IDIOT WHO GAVE MICKALAH A MIC!!??

Melissa: If Carrie can achieve the Shania Twain, LeAnn Rimes, Faith Hill crossover, then she may be fine as far as radio-play goes. But unfortunately she'll never become a Martina McBride or Loretta Lynn, Bonnie Raitt-type performer. But yes, she is cute so I can also see her doing endorsements for Noxzema or something and appearing in Seventeen Magazine. Bo may achieve longevity, especially if he collaborates with rock 'n' roll greats. It'll be interesting to see where each of their careers go! I'm very curious to hear Bo's original stuff.

Joan: See, now, I don't know if I wanna hear his original stuff. I'm so used to the covers. But I have a feeling it's better than Constantine's crappy-ass "Pray For the Soul of Betty" material. He, btw, was God-awful on the rendition of "Walk This Way." I heard that Steven Tyler and Joe Perry started freebasing again after hearing that cover. Whoof. Let's just say: The right rocker was picked to reach the finals. [Note: All comments made by Joan are meant to be offensive on every level, but in no way are shared by management and the people associated with blah-di-blah-di-blah.]

Melissa: Nice cover, Joan. Yeah, Constantine does and continues to embarrass himself any chance he gets. And I do not, in any way, shape, or form, want to hear his "Pray for the Soul of Betty" bullshit. The right rocker did advance to the end. Can I get an Amen??!!?! I do want to hear Bo's original stuff. Thing is, if he only did covers, what kind of artist would he be? People would lose interest after a while and I don't think Bo's own personal conscience would be happy just doing covers. He is in a band and I think they do original stuff in addition to covers. And LOFL at Mickalah doing the red carpet interviews. Holy smokes, someone put a muzzle on that girl!

Joan: Good point. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to do his own stuff. Well, one good thing did come of this... Mickalah didn't win. Phew! Well... so ends another year of American Idol. Will we be able to wait until January? Only time will tell...

Joan & Melissa--OUT!

And this is from USAToday.com. It echoes my thoughts to a tee. --Melissa
As for Idol, like someone mentioned in my chat yesterday, maybe it's for the best that Bo Bice isn't tied down to watery songs and a potentially suffocating record deal. Whoever these Carrie Underwood fans are, I hope they enjoy her. Personally, I can't say her name without letting out a little yawn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Upon thinking about it, I am now glad that Bo didn't win because now he won't have to record the cheesey angels or heaven or whatever song. I have to say I wasn't loving most of the finale. As far as the songs that were performed by the idols and their idols, the only ones worth anything were Carrie's, Bo's, and Vonzell's. The rest I would have been very happy never to have heard. I actually loved Carrie's song with Rascal Flatts.

And I have to ask this in all seriousness. Did someone look at Jessica Big Boobs and tell her she looked good before going on stage? Isn't there some sort of costume approval? Because that midriff-baring vest thingy was not as flattering as it could have been.

Nuray said...

Emily! There were trashing that half-shirt, mid-riff vest thing on the radio here this morning!!! Oh man! It did look pretty bad. You'd think they have stylists and that someone would have said something!

Anonymous said...

Who's Jessica Big Boobs? Why don't you have a pic on the blog?

Johnny