Monday, March 24, 2008

I need a cigarette


This news sent me into a tizzy. That's right, I said TIZZY!

George Michael hasn't completely lost his faith in America. This summer, the British bad boy returns for his first U.S. tour in 17 years. After performing more than 80 shows in Europe, Michael kicks off the U.S. leg of his 25 Live tour in San Diego on June 17 before heading to 19 other cities. The arena tour will showcase songs from his album Twenty-Five, out April 1 and featuring duets with Mary J. Blige and Paul McCartney. Why return now? Michael, 44, calls it a "rounding off" of his career's first phase. "I don't want to do anything on this scale again," he says. "No more stadiums. I'd like to be the Tony Bennett for my generation." [usa today]

Tour dates and stops for George Michael's first U.S. tour in nearly 20 years:

June 17: San Diego/San Diego Sports Arena
June 19: San Jose, Calif./HP Pavilion
June 21: Las Vegas/MGM Grand
June 22: Phoenix/US Airways Center
June 25: Los Angeles/Great Western Forum
July 2: Seattle/Key Arena
July 4: Vancouver/General Motors Place
July 7: St. Paul/Xcel Energy Center
July 9: Chicago/United Center
July 13: Dallas/American Airlines Center
July 14: Houston/Toyota Center
July 17: Toronto/Air Canada Centre
July 18: Montreal/Bell Centre
July 21 and 23: New York/Madison Square Garden [GODWILLING, JLEV & I WILL BE AT MSG GETTIN' OUR GROOVE THANG ON.]
July 26: Philadelphia/Wachovia Center
July 27: Boston/TD Banknorth Garden
July 29: Washington, D.C./Verizon Center
July 31: Atlanta/Philips Arena
Aug. 2: Tampa/St. Pete Times Forum
Aug. 3: Sunrise, Fla./Bank Atlantic Center


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bet your ASS we will be there!!! As I said when I phoned you w/the news GM was touring, I don't care what we have to do, we will be there!! YAY!!!!
JLev out.

Anonymous said...

coming to san diego... truck-stop bathroom goers beware!

johnny :)