Monday, February 11, 2008

"Farewell and adieu to you..."


Ah, another great passes. Roy Scheider, dead at 75. Uttered, perhaps, one of the greatest movie lines in cinematic history: "You're gonna need a bigger boat." RIP, Roy.

Roy Scheider, a two-time Oscar nominee who played the alarmist police chief who famously saves a beach resort in the 1975 blockbuster Jaws and its sequel, died Sunday. He was 75. Scheider had been battling multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells, for the past few years. He died at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences hospital in Little Rock, said a hospital spokesman, who did not specify a cause of death, the Associated Press reports. [people]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next to the bigger boat comment, I always loved:

"That's a bad hat, Harry."

Man, he was really cool.

Nicole said...

LOL. yup. Good stuff. I may watch Jaws today to honor him...

"Show me the way to go home... I'm tired and I wanna go to bed... I had a little drink about an hour ago and it went straight to my head..."

Unknown said...

we're all getting cancer, aren't we? thanks george and w!