Sunday, January 21, 2007

Grey's Controversy Looms Larger

Man, talk about a story with legs. Issiah Washington might be shown the door, after all. T.R. Knight appeared on Ellen after the Globes and discussed the incident:

"Everyone heard it," Knight told Ellen on Tuesday. "I don't know what to say, really, about that....I've never been called that to my face...When that happened, something shifted and it became bigger than myself." [access hollywood]
A Web petition calling for Washington to be fired has been creating even more controversy and it looks like ABC is finally willing to deal with this situation as it should be dealt with. ABC issued this statement just the other day:

"We dealt with the original situation in October, and thought the issue resolved...Therefore, we are greatly dismayed that Mr. Washington chose to use such inappropriate language at the Golden Globes, language that he himself deemed 'unfortunate' in his previous public apology. We take this situation very seriously. His actions are unacceptable and are being addressed."
Oof. So, Washington had no choice but to 're-apologize':
"I apologize to T.R., my colleagues, the fans of the show and especially the lesbian and gay community for using a word that is unacceptable in any context or circumstance...I marred what should have been a perfect night for everyone who works on `Grey's Anatomy.' I can neither defend nor explain my behavior. I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I've asked for help."
Everyone needs 'help' these days...for the things they say, instead of admitting they're bigoted... Gibson, Richards, now Washington. I mean, why mince words here, guys...? call it what it is: Intolerance. Don't hide behind 'anger management' counseling, admit you're a friggin' tool and disappear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does anybody actually watch that show?

johnny

Nicole said...

YES!!! are you kidding...?

Anonymous said...

i've never seen it.

johnny