Friday, May 05, 2006

A bottle of red...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Joan here. My co-worker, Marisa, came in to work this morning w/this Grade-A celebrity sighting... I asked her to write it down to share with the J&M community. Enjoy :)

SIGHTED: BILLY JOEL and his (12-year-old, much-taller-than-him) wife, KATE LEE JOEL, at Besito in Huntington Village, Long Island, NY.
Thursday, May 4, approximately 7 p.m.

BACKGROUND: I was at the bar enjoying a glass of wine with my aunt and uncle and waiting to be seated. Suddenly my aunt hissed, "DON'T TURN AROUND." Of course, being a human being, I immediately whipped my head in the direction her saucer-sized eyes were gazing -- and who was walking through the door but Billy and his wife! (Incidentally, Kate is significantly taller than Billy, as well as rather anoxeric in appearance. Both were dressed casually and had he not been recognizable as one of the world's top-selling recording artists, they would have passed easily as father/daughter.)

Several minutes later, my party had the good fortune of being seated directly next to Billy's table, which now included several business-suited men and a fancily dressed woman in addition to the couple. As his mostly bald head was clearly visible over the top of our booth, I spent the next two hours debating whether or not to speak to him (and in the meantime, two different middle-aged ladies with cameras did indeed approach him).

However, our waiter informed me that as this was Billy's first time dining at the restaurant, the waitstaff was attempting to make the dining experience pleasant for him. In other words: Don't you dare fucking talk to him. Inquiring minds want to know: What did Billy drink? The answer: just water (bottled and imported, of course).

2 comments:

Nuray said...

I said it before and I'll say it again, thank god Billy was drinking water, we don't need anymore accidents on LI.

Anonymous said...

billy's the best song writer of all time, better than john, better than paul, better than thom.

johnny