Thursday, October 16, 2008

Miracles do happen


You hear a fair share of this used as plot devices on medical dramas... Just last week, in fact, on Grey's Anatomy. But when you learn about stuff like this happening in real life -- well, it certainly makes you believe in a higher power.

DJ AM may have cheated death twice. While being treated for burns sustained during a plane crash, he learned of a potentially fatal blood clot in his leg. "In the burn center, they did a scan and found that I had a blood clot that in this flight could have traveled to my heart and I could have died," DJ AM (real name: Adam Goldstein), tells PEOPLE. Goldstein, 35, says the clot was a result of his frequent flying to his various deejaying residencies at clubs nationwide. He currently has almost 2 million frequent flier miles. While at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in August, Ga., doctors put a filter in his vein and prescribed blood-thinning medication to prevent complications related to the clot. "I have a great deal of faith that everything happens for a reason," he says. "I put myself in God's hands." [people]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, but as I was reading the story I kept looking back up and thinking "who's da cute kitty? who's da happy kitty?" Oh yeah, blood clot, bad.
-Karen

Unknown said...

you can only cheat death once, not twice. he'll be after him. i wouldn't walk under any scaffolding if i were you dude!

Nicole said...

lol, karen. me too!