Monday, October 13, 2008

Please Help Tina Fey

...by voting on November 4th, 2008.

Need a good reason (another one, I mean) not to vote for Sen. John McCain and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin? How about to save Tina Fey 's life? "If she wins, I’m done," Fey tells TV Guide. "I can’t do that for four years. And by ‘I’m done,’ I mean I’m leaving Earth."..."Presidential impersonators do influence elections, and in this one, Tina Fey is well on her way to ruining Sarah Palin's political career," said Jerald Podair, a professor of American Studies at Lawrence University. "Election time is always good for ['SNL'], and this is a bonkers election.” [the envelope]



8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, please. alec baldwin said years ago he'd move to france, and we're still stuck with his jowly mug.

Nicole said...

well, i don't think tina fey is actually going to put on a space suit and blast herself into space...

as far as alec baldwin, there is/has been some debate as to whether he actually said he would leave:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/leave.asp

just recently, in fact, on an episode of real time -- he again maintained he never said it.

Unknown said...

Sorry, I was trying to make a joke--I just wanted to use the phrase "jowly mug." So Baldwin never said he'd leave "unequivocally." Whatever that means. He said that if Bush won "it would be a good time to leave the United States" and that he "might go on a long vacation." So it's not surprising that some people interpreted his words that way.

I guess I should've said Eddie Vedder (whom I happen to adore) and Robert Altman. But I don't think "jowly mug" would've worked very well for either of them. In any case, I certainly don't mean to suggest that anyone believes Tina Fey is gonna shoot off into outer space. Obviously she's just trying to make a point.

Unknown said...

i'm gonna hold off on my announcement to leave this country until jed bush takes over in 8 years.

Nuray said...

oh yeah, "jowly mug" does not work in the case of eddie vedder. cause EV is FUCKING HOT.

i'm also outta here if the jeb comes anywhere near the fucking white house.

Nicole said...

you think eddie vedder is hot? really? he never appealed to me. and i kinda want to smack the vibrato out of his larynx.

we really don't have to worry about the possibility of a jeb presidency, do we, do we???

Unknown said...

eddie vedder is definitely hot. very hot. so i'm super-glad he didn't leave the country.

Nuray said...

oh yeah, ever since Ten came out back in like 1992, i've thought EV was the hotness. he still looks damn good.