Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guess this makes us 'Fanilows'

By now, you've heard Melis and I rant about the View's Elisabeth Hasselbeck ad nauseum. Well, look who's jumped on our swingin' bandwagon, baby -- yeah!

In a message posted on [BARRY MANILOW'S] Website Monday, the pop icon announced he has scuttled a Tuesday appearance on The View because he did not want to take a seat next to Elisabeth Hasselbeck. "I wanted to let you know that I will no longer be on The View tomorrow as scheduled. I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy [Behar], Barbara [Walters] or Whoopi [Goldberg] but not Elisabeth Hasselbeck," he wrote. "Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request, so I bowed out."...Said Manilow: "It's really too bad, because I've always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs..."An avid Democratic supporter and contributor for years, Manilow has already maxed out his contributions this year, donating $2,300 each to the presidential campaigns of Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Joseph Biden and John Edwards. (He also wrote a similar check to Republican contrarian Ron Paul.) He has portrayed his View adieu as a philosophical clash with the conservative Hasselbeck. TMZ quoted Manilow as saying, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." [e!]


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's offensive and her views are dangerous but that's kinda f'ed, he should've still gone one. now all the right-wing supporters will say he didn't have the balls to face her. that's the case, but they'll still say it.

johnny