Wednesday, September 12, 2007

THIS WAS BUGGIN' ME FOR OVER A WEEK!


As I was passing through Toronto Pearson's Duty Free shop on my way to the gate, I noticed this guy -- who I initially thought was Billy Baldwin. Wrong. Realizing my mistake, I remembered he was on a soap -- but which one. Since I'm not a soap watcher, I only had commercials to go by. It seemed like this was going to be a needle in a haystack.

My friend Gary commented, 'You know, he's probably going to NY and will be on your flight -- since he's a soap actor.' Sure enough, Gary was right. So, I had the whole flight to wrack my brain and figure out who he was. He boarded my plane, sat in coach -- interestingly. I pegged him for 1st class. He was with a woman -- so I was hesitant to approach him and say -- "Hey, you're famous -- who are ya?" Tacky.

Landed in NYC. He was at the luggage carousel. My mom came to pick me up and since she was a one-time soap watcher, I pointed him out. My mom is not subtle. She proceeded to stare a whole into his forehead. 'Yeah, I know that guy... But I don't know which soap or his name.' He noticed the staring and commented to his lady friend. They began to smile and giggle. I was glad my bag came and we high-tailed it out of there.

I did a cursory search on google: soap actor looks like billy baldwin. Knew that was hopeless. I gave up. Then yesterday, I'm watching TV and a commercial for ONTL and GH comes on! There he is. MYSTERY SOLVED!!!

I can sleep now. ;)

3 comments:

Nuray said...

Ew, he's nasty!

Anonymous said...

HELLLOOOOO?? Have I not made my lifelong love of GH known to all? Much less that I'm a soap opera junkie in general? Why oh why didn't you just call me?? I coulda told you who he was in an instant, as soon as you said a Baldwin lookalike. BTW, Michael Easton is actually a very decent actor,
not just a pretty face. Brooding intense type.
And the other stuff: you guys slay me. Truly.

Unknown said...

i just went to the site you'd linked. it says he's a police officer. also, how can somebody that good looking look so creepy (the pic with the goatee, the smoothed out hair and the lean.)