Monday, December 17, 2007

DID ANYTHING HAPPEN TO HIS FACE???

When I read this headline:

Matthew McConaughey Hurt During Fight Training

the first thing I thought was: Did anything happen to his face? (Now, don't go thinking I'm cruel and shallow -- it's from Seinfeld. And anyone who knows anything about me knows I can find the right Seinfeld quote to apply to any situation. Case in point.)

ELAINE: did something happened?
GEORGE: Tony.. took a bit of a tumble
ELAINE: his face, did something happen to his face?
KRAMER: well it all depends on what you mean by.. happen
GEORGE: he..he's alive
KRAMER: yeah
ELAINE: what happened to his face, tell me, what happened to his face
...
ELAINE: so huh, what did the doctors say?
TONY: the said huh.. they said I'm coming along
(Tony's face is covered by bandages)
ELAINE: but what else did they say
TONY: well, they said huh Tony, try to keep it clean
ELAINE: yeah.. no I mean did they get into stuff like a.. long jagged scars or.. gross deformities, major skin grafts, stuff like that
TONY: I really don't remember, I was kinda out of it for the 1st couple of days, I was on a lot of medications, it was kinda like haze, it's pretty cool
ELAINE: huh (smiles) but huh, in this medicated haze, in this woozy state, um do you recall the words.. radical reconstructive surgery being uttered?
TONY: I don't know, I don't know
ELAINE: think Tony, think!
TONY: I'm drawing a blank, babe
...
ELAINE: he's supposed to get the bandages off on Sunday.. what if?
JERRY: what?
ELAINE: you know (acts like a monster)
JERRY: oh you're afraid he might look like Zippy the pinhead
ELAINE: yeah I mean, I mean what is my obligation here, you know we were just dating, it was probably gonna be over in a couple of weeks anyway
JERRY: oh I though you didn't care about his looks
ELAINE: I lied
JERRY: aha
ELAINE: are you kidding, he's a mimbo I know that.. but he's my mimbo, you know even if he is a hideous freak maybe, maybe I can learn to love him, maybe in some final irony (Jerry is looking the other way), I'll learn what love really is.


Well, something DID happen to his face... but gosh darn it, I bet the boy's gonna be just fine:


Matthew McConaughey ended up getting stitches after cutting his face while training for his role as a fighter in an upcoming movie. The actor's rep confirms to PEOPLE that McConaughey, 38, was injured while training for his role in The Grackle, a comedy in which he plays a brawler-for-hire. Photos of McConaughey with bandages on his face were posted Monday on the Web site X17. [people]


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's really kinda right in the middle of his face, isn't it? eh, i bet it'll add more "rugged" his rugged good looks.

Nuray said...

i saw pics on X17 and he had his eye bandaged, like a pirate patch. i'll post pics laterz.

Anonymous said...

i saw an interview he did once where he said that during filming in a little african village, he participated in a fighting match with one of the locals and won so they called him the white terror or something like that. makes me wanna go hunt boar.

johnny