Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In other preggars news


Did you know that Lynne Spears was writing a book on parenting? I shit you not. Well, in light of the following news, her publishers have postponed the book indefinitely. Sound judgement from the publishing house, although their judgement was suspect initially when they signed that deal.

Off the newswire today comes the latest in the Spears family saga... Nickelodeon sweetheart and younger sister of Batty Britney, Jaime Lynn is knocked up at the tender age of 16...papa don't preach, cause she's keepin' her baby, ooh, oooh, she's gonna keep her baby, ye-ah.

Britney Spears's 16-year-old sister Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant. Nickelodeon, which carries her TV show Zoey 101, said in a statement: "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being." Spears and her mother confirmed the pregnancy to OK! magazine, saying she was 12 weeks along and the father is Jamie Lynn's longtime boyfriend Casey Aldridge. Aldridge's mother confirmed it to TMZ.com. "It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," Jamie Lynn told OK!, according to the Associated Press. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he." Spears told the magazine that after confirming the pregnancy with a home test and a subsequent doctor's visit, she told only one friend – then waited two weeks before telling anybody else, including her parents. "I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone's opinion affect my decision," she told the magazine. "Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me." [people]

[Well, I gotta say... her last statement there seems pretty mature. Growing up in the shadow of Clusterfuck Britney cannot be easy. But shit girl, a condom mightah helped. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, just in case it broke.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, didn't you read? condoms are forbidden by the church. shit happens but there's no way that you're a good parent and your family ends up in this much disarray.

johnny

Nicole said...

i tend to agree. and the book on parenting... i mean... what was she thinking???

Anonymous said...

Someone should arrest Lynne Spears for parental negligence. And, while they're at it, prostitution -- for the way she whored out both her daughters. Mother of the Year, that one! What a screwed up family.

Anonymous said...

you know, pregnancy is getting to be popular these days, among the young ladies. seems like a baby is akin to a new handbag...something for everyone to "oooh" and "aaah" over, something you can dress up to parade around town in an uber-fashionable stroller. even the chicks who are actually of legal age (brit-brit being the prime example, of course) are nowhere near mature enough to be responsible parents.

the future of america, folks--a whole new generation of messed up kids who'll be able to blame their parents for their trials in life.

now, someone help me down off this soapbox!