Saturday, October 20, 2007

oh, Moses, smell the roses.


Jerry -- say it ain't so!!!
Jerry Seinfeld says that studying Scientology made him a better performer...The 53-year-old comedian tells Parade magazine that a teacher in high school turned him onto the religion almost 30 years ago. "It was interesting. Believe it or not...it's extremely intellectual and clinical in its approach to problem-solving, which really appealed to me." Though Seinfeld has not continued with Scientology, he tells Parade that it helped him get his start in comedy. "In my early years of stand-up, it was very helpful. I took a couple of courses. One of them was in communication, and I learned some things about communication that really got my act going."...Another draw for Seinfeld -- the gadgets. "They have a lot of very good technology," he tells Parade. "That's what really appealed to me about it. It's not faith-based. It's all technology. And I'm obsessed with technology." [us weekly]
Gadgets? Jerry!!! You got e-metered! And there's nothing technological about an e-meter... it might as well be two tin cans connected with fishing line. Oh, I think I'm having a nervous breakdown... To think... the genius behind Seinfeld bought into Scientology! I just... I need to be alone.

Gadgets?!? Go to a freakin' Brookstone. Hell -- BUY a freakin' Brookstone. You can't get outta that store under an hour as it is with all the cool gadgets they got. Shit... and while you're at it, Jerry, buy me the pink suitcase I want.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite a surprise. Also, what are your thoughts on his wife's Oprah cookbook scandal?

And, FYI, there are constantly tables set up in the Union Square subway station offering free "Stress Tests" alongside piles of copies of "Dianetics." I have seen the soda-can type machine you mentioned there. Just sayin...if you get bored...

Nicole said...

hmm. i guess it's possible for 2 people to have the same idea. with all her money, it would be a shame if she was stealing ideas. i hope that's not the case.

lol. oh hell no. i have been inside the lion's den...that's enough for me. but, if you decide to get audited, let me know how that goes.

i cannot believe they set up tables outside the train station. i guess membership is down.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I sort of lost respect for him when he had the 17-year-old girlfriend, but this slams a few more nails in the coffin.

Unknown said...

the scientology bit makes me lose respect for him but the 17 yr old girlfriend bit gets it all back and more!

Unknown said...

don't look down at him. scientology encourages dating women one fifth your age.